The Hotel Del Monte was a large resort hotel in Monterey, California, from its opening in 1880 until 1942. It was one of the finest luxury hotels in North America.During World War II, it closed and the building was leased to the Navy. It was first used by the Navy as a school where enlisted men spent the second, third, and fourth months of an eleven-month course being trained as electronic technicians.
Later the Hotel Del Monte became the Naval Postgraduate School of the United States Navy.Today, the building is called Herrmann Hall. It contains school administrative offices and the Navy Gateway Inns and Suites, a hotel.